20 November 2012

EUROPEANS LOVE US! Foreign Journalist Notices Baltimore Spectator

I've often said I have a lot of European readers. I have solid proof of the this from the various traffic site monitors and website analytical tools which I monitor like I hawk. Unlike many news sites out there, I pay constant attention to where my traffic is coming from and make it a study to figure out how to better cater to my readers.

While I've always known of the many Europeans regularly reading The Baltimore Spectator, today was the first time I had proof I could share. The analytical information is considered a trade secret. I can't show you those graphs and charts, but what I can show you is this wonderful letter I received from Holland today.

- James
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Hello James,

How are you? At fist a little introduction. I'm [name removed], a 23 year old journalist from Amsterdam, the Netherlands. I'm still a student of the School of Journalism but I'm acting as a freelance journalist. 

As a lot of people I was a huge fan of tv-series The Wire. Ever since watching The Wire I've been looking up for news in Baltimore and I was determined to visit Baltimore and make a story about the problems with drugs, poverty, homelessness. Two weeks ago I was there and I was shocked. I just couldn't believe that this kind of -in my eyes- third world images would be possible in the United States of America. So much dealers on the corners, all the abandoned houses, the junkies on the streets. It was mind-blowing.

I visited the great people of Powell Recovery Center at South Broadway and they were blown away by the fact that I visited Baltimore on my own and with no supervision. "You've could of been shot", is what they said. The way they react made me see that Baltimore is not just a simple town on the east coast…

The people I spoke [with] had a great influence on me. It made up my mind. All those stories from the streets just became real to me. And it gave me the feeling that I have to come back and talk more and more with all kinds of people in the city. This is such a huge and unknown story in The Netherlands… I want to write a book about it.

Unfortunately I came across your blog and Twitter just hours after I was back in DC (where I stayed) leaving BD. So I would love meeting you whenever I go back. I think you have a lot of stories to tell…

Have a good one!

Enhanced by Zemanta

BALTIMORE SPECTATOR RADIO NETWORK - BSRN

SUPPORT INDEPENDENT MEDIA

Our Growing Video Collection

MESSAGE TO ALL LAW ENFORCEMENT/INTELLIGENCE AGENCIES

To all those who willfully, deliberately and routinely violate the civil rights of law abiding American Citizens; Yes, you're powerful. Sure, you're everywhere. But this is still America, and the Constitution of the United States Of America still reigns supreme as the law of the land. The Baltimore Spectator will vigorously and aggressively defend against any and all attempts at spying and suppression. Let it be known to all that we are already aware of the regular monitoring and shadowing attempts. There is nothing to hide, but cross the line and there will be hell to pay.

In the end, efforts to impinge upon the freedoms of the people will ultimately fail. Some of us may get taken out in the ongoing battle for true and lasting freedom, but as I've said many times before, and will say till the day I die or get taken out by you goons, THERE ARE MORE OF US, THAN THERE ARE OF YOU.


A.F. James MacArthur -- American patriot & lover of liberty.

Fair Use Copyright Notice

--DISCLAIMER-- Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act of 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purpose such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statue that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.