04 October 2012

Sometimes I Have A Lot To Say

CAIRO, EGYPT - JANUARY 27:  In this photo illu...
For anyone of my over 2000 followers on Twitter, seeing me suddenly launch into a spontaneous rant is hardly shocking. Matter of fact, if it goes too long in between vitriolic tirades, there's folks who actually check on me asking if everything's OK. It was never my mission, but since joining the social media network, I've since been largely defined by this habit.

To those who relish these rants, this morning was did not disappoint. They got an early morning fix of me shooting from the hip as I fired away into the Twitterverse. Funny thing, with these outbursts I'm never sure where they may lead nor when they'll end. Being consciously aware that folks are busy and have little tolerance to never ending diatribe, I make a conscious effort to curb the stream of consciousness.

Come to think about it, I suppose my ability to go on and on is what made me good at talk radio. Some of you reading this have no doubt heard me on local radio. My experience and catalog of radio work is much more vast than what's easily discoverable via internet sources. Indeed, I started in radio, more specifically talk radio, long before radio was online.

Much of my audio archives exist on dusty old cassette tapes and CD's sitting in some moldy box in a damp basement somewhere.

When it comes to blogging, I'm mediocre at best. Infrequent updates and sporadic posts following no theme or rhythm have come to characterize my style.

Ironically, I know all the secrets to being a good blogger and building an audience of loyal followers. Adhering to this is another story. I imagine  it also exposes some of what my motivations for doing this may or may not be.

A lot of my "media" work, whether writing, speaking or radio or recording podcasts, twitter, facebook etc., are for deeply personal reasons having little to do with building an audience. If for some reason you've managed to read this far, I sincerely thank you. For those of you who've followed me through one medium or another for some time, I'm glad you're along for the ride. I make no guarantees about the future except to say: it ain't over yet.

Enhanced by Zemanta

BALTIMORE SPECTATOR RADIO NETWORK - BSRN

SUPPORT INDEPENDENT MEDIA

Our Growing Video Collection

MESSAGE TO ALL LAW ENFORCEMENT/INTELLIGENCE AGENCIES

To all those who willfully, deliberately and routinely violate the civil rights of law abiding American Citizens; Yes, you're powerful. Sure, you're everywhere. But this is still America, and the Constitution of the United States Of America still reigns supreme as the law of the land. The Baltimore Spectator will vigorously and aggressively defend against any and all attempts at spying and suppression. Let it be known to all that we are already aware of the regular monitoring and shadowing attempts. There is nothing to hide, but cross the line and there will be hell to pay.

In the end, efforts to impinge upon the freedoms of the people will ultimately fail. Some of us may get taken out in the ongoing battle for true and lasting freedom, but as I've said many times before, and will say till the day I die or get taken out by you goons, THERE ARE MORE OF US, THAN THERE ARE OF YOU.


A.F. James MacArthur -- American patriot & lover of liberty.

Fair Use Copyright Notice

--DISCLAIMER-- Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act of 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purpose such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statue that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.