|FORT MYER, VA - AUGUST 31: U.S. Gen. David Petraeus (L) reacts to applause with his wife, Holly Petraeus, during an Armed Forces Farewell Tribute and Retirement Ceremony August 31, 2011 at Ft. Myer, Virginia. Petraeus is leaving the U.S. Army after 37 years in the service to serve as the new Director of the Central Intelligence Agency. (Image credit: Getty Images via @daylife)|
NOTE: 12 November 2012 -- Original article located here with detailed analysis on the real reason behind the timing of the release of this scandal has strangely disappeared from this site. All mann
er of attempted recovery including searching for cached version of the page have been unsuccessful.
First published shortly after 6:00 a.m. 10 November, the article ranked very high in search engines and received high volume traffic, with numerous hits from around the world, including U.S. military bases and armed forces locations in Europe.
It is our belief, the timing and release of information on the scandal, along with the announced resignation, is part of an elaborate plot of smokescreens and misdirection to lure the American public and mainstream media, away from more important matters involving our country's future and immediate stability.
The Baltimore Spectator maintains the contention that Paula Broadwell was part of a deliberate honey trap, playing into his ego, weakness and vulnerabilities, meant to ensnare and entangle the general, so that he may be disposed of at the convenience of the administration. In other words, there meeting was no accident, she was put upon him.
Below is a scandal timeline. There's been issues adapting format to fit this page. Original version may be found here. -- A.F. James MacArthur Ph.A.L., Managing Editor
David Petraeus Scandal Timeline
|Welcome to WeCheck's David Petraeus Scandal Timeline|
|This timeline aims to give a clear understanding of all the main issues, events, reports and statements related to the resignation of David Petraeus, CIA Director.|
|This page can be improved by anyone. If you see something that is incorrect or incomplete, simply click the edit buttons to add your text and sources. For more info see the Getting Started and FAQ pages.|
|Join the discussion on the talk page.|
Cantor contacted by FBI whistleblower two weeks before scandal broke
- "CANTOR: “I was contacted by an F.B.I. employee concerned that sensitive, classified information may have been compromised and made certain [FBI] Director Mueller was aware of these serious allegations and the potential risk to our national security."
Fienstein: Petraeus news like "lightning bolt"
Official: Broadwell emailed woman in Florida
Graham: Petraeus should testify
- NBC News Petraeus' biographer Paula Broadwell under FBI investigation over access to his email, law enforcement officials say 
- CNN Petraeus Sworn-in as CIA Director 
- New York Times Petraeus Quits; Evidence of Affair Was Found by F.B.I. 
- New York Times Officials Say F.B.I. Knew of Petraeus Affair in the Summer 
- AP Official: Petraeus Paramour Emailed Woman in Florida 
- Tampa Bay Times Gasparilla invades Tampa 
- Charlotte Observer Charlotte author chronicles Gen. Petraeus' war career 
- Chicago Tribune Petraeus relationship leads to book, scandal for Broadwell 
- New York Post Petraeus' mistress sent harassing e-mails to woman who 'threatened' relationship: sources 
- Wall Street Journal FBI Scrutinized on Petraeus 
- Politico FBI whistle-blower contacted Eric Cantor on David Petraeus affair
- Washington Post FBI probe of Petraeus triggered by e-mail threats from biographer, officials say 
- CBS News Petraeus news hit Feinstein like "lightning bolt" 
|++++ PLEASE SHARE THIS PAGE ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND YOUR BLOG. THANK YOU! +++|